A pressure washer is one of the best equipment to use to clean a patio because it blasts water at high pressure and removes dirt. Since there are so many models in the market it is imperative that you select the one that is going to fulfill all your needs.
The benefit of using a pressure washer is that it removes debris from patios this includes ones which have been made of concrete and pavers. You can use the washer without additives but when you add detergent to its blasting power, it can be very effective in removing stains.
People who do not have a pressure washer can rent one from a garden store or borrow from a friend. Using a large pressure washer is better compared to a small one because it is easy to hold.
Things Needed to Clean a Patio with a Pressure Washer
- Rubber boots
- Pressure washer detergent
- Safety goggles
Steps in Cleaning a Patio with a Pressure Washer
- Clear patio of plants, furniture, pots and other type of decorations from the surface.
- Scatter grease or any other type of liquid on the surface. Then wait until the liquid disappears.
- Apply detergent to the surface of patio. If you pour the detergent on the patio, wait for around ten minutes before you spray.
You can use a pressure washer detergent to remove stains from the patio. But you have to select the detergent depending on whether you will use hot water or cold. If the washer is equipped with a detergent chamber, it is prudent that you use an injectable detergent. If it does not have use a spray bottle detergent.
- Point the pressure washer downwards towards the patio. You can use sweeping motions to cover the patio surface.
- Concentrate on the areas which are dirty or have grime build up. Direct the washer into cracks or paving stones. Continue doing this until your patio is free from dirt and suds.
Points to Remember
- If you’ve gone a long time without cleaning your patio it is a must that you use a cleaning detergent.
- If your patio is heavily discoloured, it is advisable that you contact an expert. They will apply a professional grade chemical solution on your patio that will remove the stain.
- If you decide to do that yourself purchase the product at any supply store but wear gloves when you use it. Make sure to follow the directions on the container careful on how the product should be used.
Safety Reminders in Cleaning a Patio with a Pressure Washer
- Using a pressure washer is easy but it is also dangerous. It is a must that you make sure there are no children or pets around before you start up your washer.
- Pressure washers do not operate the same. Therefore, it is prudent that you follow guidelines set by the manufacturers before using.
- Keep the washer away from breakable objects like ceramic pottery, glass, and even plants.
- For your safety, make sure to wear rubber boots, gloves, and goggles when operating a pressure washer especially if you’re using a chemical detergent.